Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The First Few Days

We closed on the house back in February, and spent the first weekend working on miscellaneous tasks/planning. This is my first house, and I am faaaar from handy. Luckily, my boyfriend, Donny, knows what he's doing. One of the first things I knew had to go (and felt remotely capable of completing) were the carpets in the front 2 rooms of the house, which are now going to be the dining room / part of the living room.


The wallpaper is just lovely, isn't it? ;)


I ripped the carpets up in sections, and then moved on to the padding underneath. The padding was nailed down (excessively, might I add), so we spent a few hours ripping them out using pliers.



The floors were in surprisingly good shape, and I think it made a huge difference! We plan to refinish the floors in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment